Orthodontic treatment is a great way to correct the alignment of your teeth, whether you’re still in your teens or you are an adult. If you are concerned about wearing traditional metal braces, ClearCorrect invisible braces might be a good option. The first thing your dentist must do is to determine whether you are a good candidate or not.
Who is a good candidate?
Not every patient will be able to use ClearCorrect to fix alignment problems. Here are some of the criteria to be a good candidate:
· Commitment to wearing the braces as prescribed by the dentist
· Commitment to dental care and follow up
· Mild to moderate crookedness of teeth
· Have an overbite, underbite or crossbite
· Mild to moderate crowding of teeth where teeth have grown in at an angle or push against adjacent teeth
· Mild to moderate spacing problems, gaps in teeth where food can be trapped between the teeth, promoting decay
· Those who want a subtle or discreet tooth straightening method
Severe issues or complex alignment problems may not be effectively managed with ClearCorrect. Some problems may need to be addressed with metal braces. Full or partially impacted teeth are typically not correctible with invisible braces.
ClearCorrect takes about the same time to achieve results as metal braces would, but they are much less visible. Dental care is typically much easier, as the aligners can be removed before brushing and flossing. Patients do need to be diligent with home care and wearing the aligners.
Your dentist will have to assess your dental needs and concerns before determining if you are a good candidate for invisible braces. Discuss your goals with your dentist to find the best course of treatment to achieve the beautiful smile you want. For high-quality orthodontics in Nashville, TN, call our office and make an appointment with Dr. Pace today.
Currently rated by 0 people